Worthing Homes Tenancy Agreement: What You Need to Know
If you`re looking to rent a property in Worthing, chances are you`ll be asked to sign a tenancy agreement by your landlord. A tenancy agreement is a legal contract between you and your landlord that lays out the terms and conditions of your tenancy. In this article, we`ll delve into what you need to know about the Worthing Homes Tenancy Agreement.
What is the Worthing Homes Tenancy Agreement?
Worthing Homes is a social housing provider that manages over 3,500 properties across Worthing and the surrounding areas. If you`re renting a property managed by Worthing Homes, you`ll be asked to sign a tenancy agreement. This agreement is a legally binding contract that outlines your rights and responsibilities as a tenant, as well as those of Worthing Homes as your landlord.
What are the key terms of the Worthing Homes Tenancy Agreement?
The Worthing Homes Tenancy Agreement covers a range of topics, including:
– Rent: This section outlines the amount of rent you`ll be paying, when it`s due, and how it should be paid.
– Repairs: This section sets out the repairs that Worthing Homes is responsible for and those that you as a tenant are responsible for.
– Termination: This section explains how the tenancy can be ended by either you or Worthing Homes.
– Noise: This section lays out the rules around noise levels in the property and what actions Worthing Homes can take if noise becomes a problem.
– Pets: This section explains whether or not pets are allowed in the property.
It`s important to read the Worthing Homes Tenancy Agreement carefully before signing it, so you understand your obligations as a tenant.
How long does the Worthing Homes Tenancy Agreement last?
The Worthing Homes Tenancy Agreement is typically a long-term agreement. If you`re a new tenant, you`ll usually be offered a fixed-term tenancy of six or twelve months. At the end of this term, the agreement will usually become a rolling tenancy, which means it will continue on a month-to-month basis.
Can the Worthing Homes Tenancy Agreement be changed?
Worthing Homes can make changes to the tenancy agreement, but they must follow certain procedures in doing so. If they want to change the rent or the terms of the tenancy, they must give you at least four weeks` notice in writing. You have the right to challenge any proposed changes if you don`t agree with them.
The Worthing Homes Tenancy Agreement is a legally binding contract that outlines your rights and responsibilities as a tenant. It`s important to read it carefully before signing, so you understand what you`re agreeing to. If you have any questions about the agreement or your tenancy, don`t hesitate to contact Worthing Homes for advice.